Areas of Practice | Law Offices of Frank E. Mann, P.C.
The Law Offices of Frank E. Mann, P.C. is a family law firm in Houston, Texas that has been helping families navigate difficult legal issues for decades. Since 1984, our family lawyers have represented thousands of families just like you through adoptions, property division disputes, divorce modifications, child custody, and other difficult situations. We have also helped people through both sides of family violence and domestic violence cases.
Our Founding attorney, Frank Mann, has been featured on the Dr. Phil show and local Channel 2 News among other media outlets. Below are our main areas of practice. If you need an attorney to handle an issues related to family law and you don’t see it below, just call our office to see if we can help. We will determine whether we can handle that particular type of case or point you in the direction of another capable firm that specializes in that type of case.
Family Law Law Cases We Take Include:
- Divorce. Getting through a divorce is one of the most difficult things a person can do. I take care of the details for you, offering sound advice and effective representation.
- Contested Divorce. Contested divorces usually center on disputes involving property or children. I work to narrow the issues and protect your rights.
- Legal SeparationA legal separation is an official declaration that you and your spouse are living separately, sometimes on a trial basis.
- Child Custody. Making arrangements for the children is one the most important aspects of a divorce.
- Sole Custody. Sole child custody is an option if one of the
parents is absent or is abusive.
- Joint Conservatorship – Joint Custody. Some type of joint child conservatorship is the norm
- Child Support. Child support is determined by the Texas Child
Support guidelines. I make sure that all relevant income and
obligations are included in the calculations so that child support
payments are fair.
- Alimony & Spousal Maintenance. There are several different types of spousal
support, also known as alimony. I work to make alimony awards
appropriate and fair.
- Paternity. When either parent is uncertain about the paternity
of a child, especially in context of required child support, I
advise about available options.
- Property Division. How property is divided can be as contentious
as where children live. I have the experience and resources to
resolve disputes about the division of marital property.
- Modification. When circumstances change, orders issued after a divorce may need to be changed. I undertake the needed petitions and paperwork to obtain modifications to orders regarding custody, support, and visitation.
- Relocations. One of the most common types of modification is related to the relocation of one parent, requiring a change in the custody and visitation arrangements.
- Domestic Violence. Clients in abusive situations or those charged with domestic violence crimes need legal advice about their options and their rights.
- Collaborative Divorce Law. Collaborative family law can save money, time, and stress during the divorce process. To learn more about your choices in any family dispute, contact the Law Offices of Frank E. Mann, P.C. today.
We handle family cases in Harris County, Fort Bend County, Montgomery County, and Brazoria County. Contact us online to schedule a free consultation or call 713-524-6868 to speak with a member of our team.