Schedule a Free Meeting & Consultation with our Attorney Today.
Child Support Lawyer
Texas law requires parents to support their children. This applies
whether the parents are married, divorced, or living separately. At my
Houston family law office and as an experienced Child Support Lawyer I work with clients to make sure that child support
awards are appropriate and based on full disclosure. I also make sure
that other considerations, such as the amount of alimony paid, are
factored into the final support order. Clients can be assured that I
will make sure they are treated fairly in child support matters.
Child Support Guidelines are the basis for calculating child support
For information on obtaining child support, whether you are married,
divorced, or never married, contact my law office, Frank E. Mann,
Attorney and Counselor at Law. I can provide you with a full explanation
of the Texas Child Support Guidelines, which determine how support is
calculated. The guidelines are simply that–if both parents agree on a
different arrangement, that agreement takes precedence over the
guidelines, but must be approved by the family court judge. If there are
unusual circumstances, such as a child with special needs, that is
taken into account when determining the amount of support paid or
received, and the length of time child support is paid.
payors and payees in child support matters
If you are being sued for back child support, need to enforce a child
support order, or are concerned about the paternity of a child you are
being asked to support, I can help. Among the questions I can answer
- How do the guidelines work to calculate child support?
- How much can I receive or be required to pay?
- How long will child support last?
- What does the formula included in the guidelines cover?
- Child support payments are being removed from my paycheck by my
employer through payroll garnishment. Can I change this?
- Who pays for health insurance?
- Who pays for extraordinary medical expenses?
- What if the payer spouse is laid off or is fired from his or her
- If either spouse gets a job that pays more, can support payments be
- Under what circumstances can child support payments be modified?
- If I know that one of the children is not mine, what should I do?
- When my ex remarries, does his or her obligation change?
For answers to these questions, and for any issues related to
obtaining or paying child support , contact my Houston law office. Frank E. Mann, Child Support Lawyer / Attorney and Counselor at Law, I am dedicated to
protecting my clients. I develop solutions to child support problems