Property Division & Disputes
Protecting clients' rights
At my Houston law office, Frank E. Mann, Attorney and Counselor at Law, I walk clients through the property division process. I can obtain a restraining order to protect my clients' rights and assets during a divorce or obtain a temporary order if you are not married and own a house with another person, verifying that all appropriate items are included in the list of property to be divided. For more information about property division, give me a call today.We are able to resolve your property disputes, such as a home, if your married or not married. We are able to resolve your property disputes, such as a home, if you are married or not marred.
Handling large and small amounts of community property
Disputes over property are common. When a large number in value of marital assets are included, the complexity of the process and the opportunity for disputes increase. I assist clients with the division of large and small amounts of property.
A property dispute lawyer who can answer all questions about property division during divorce or in case where you are not married and own a home or other property with someone
Common issues in property division include matters such as:
- Will the house be sold and the proceeds divided, or will one spouse get the house and the other spouse a corresponding amount of cash?
- What about retirement plans such as pension plans or 401(k) plans?
- What is the difference between community property and separate property in a divorce?
- If I received an inheritance from a relative who also left money to my spouse, can I get all of the inheritance because it was my relative?
- I helped put my ex through business school to learn how to run his family's business. Do I get any part of the business?
- My spouse gave me jewelry before we were married. Is that included in community property?
Debts are included in the calculation for marital property division
Of course, dividing property also includes allocating the debts, such as credit card bills, the mortgage, and loans for the family business or the car. The job of a lawyer is to account for all marital assets and be sure that separate property is not included in the total amount to be split.
At my Houston office, I have the experience and the knowledge to represent clients effectively during the property division process. Contact me to learn more.