Child Support Lawyer
  • logo_1
  • logo_1
  • logo_1
  • logo_1
  • logo_1
  • logo_1

Schedule a Free Meeting & Consultation with our Attorney Today.

Houston Child Support Lawyer

Texas law requires parents to support their children. This applies whether the parents are married, divorced, or living separately. At my Houston family law office and as an experienced Child Support Lawyer I work with clients to make sure that child support awards are appropriate and based on full disclosure. I also make sure that other considerations, such as the amount of alimony paid, are factored into the final support order. Clients can be assured that I will make sure they are treated fairly in child support matters.

Houston Texas Child Support Guidelines are the basis for calculating child support payments

For information on obtaining child support, whether you are married, divorced, or never married, contact my law office, Frank E. Mann, Attorney and Counselor at Law. I can provide you with a full explanation of the Texas Child Support Guidelines, which determine how support is calculated. The guidelines are simply that–if both parents agree on a different arrangement, that agreement takes precedence over the guidelines, but must be approved by the family court judge. If there are unusual circumstances, such as a child with special needs, that is taken into account when determining the amount of support paid or received, and the length of time child support is paid.

Representing payors and payees in child support matters

If you are being sued for back child support, need to enforce a child support order, or are concerned about the paternity of a child you are being asked to support, I can help. Among the questions I can answer are:

  • How do the guidelines work to calculate child support?
  • How much can I receive or be required to pay?
  • How long will child support last?
  • What does the formula included in the guidelines cover?
  • Child support payments are being removed from my paycheck by my employer through payroll garnishment. Can I change this?
  • Who pays for health insurance?
  • Who pays for extraordinary medical expenses?
  • What if the payer spouse is laid off or is fired from his or her job?
  • If either spouse gets a job that pays more, can support payments be changed?
  • Under what circumstances can child support payments be modified?
  • If I know that one of the children is not mine, what should I do?
  • When my ex remarries, does his or her obligation change?

For answers to these questions, and for any issues related to obtaining or paying child support, contact my Houston law office. Frank E. Mann, Child Support Lawyer / Attorney and Counselor at Law, I am dedicated to protecting my clients. I develop solutions to child support problems that work.

Same Day Consultations Available

Why Choose Frank E.

  • 30+ Years Experience
  • Member: State Bar of Texas
  • Member: The College of State Bar of TX
  • Houston Bar Association - Family Law Section

As Seen on

  • drphil_logo

Location & Directions

Frank E. Mann Attorney at Law

5151 Katy Freeway, Suite 140
Houston, TX 77007

phone_icon(713) 244-8485 Directions to our officedirection_arrow

Get Connected With Us

Get A Free Consultation Get A Free Consultation